Thursday, February 14, 2008

One handsome Corpral!!!!

Isn't that sweet, Ashlyn sure loves her daddy!! Chris was officially promoted to Corpral today the sheriff himself pinned his new badge on him and made him a Corpral. He also got an award from the captian at the Moreno Valley Station, recognizing him for all his hard work and dedication at the Moreno Valley Station.... it was a great day for Chris.





Tonight Chris is working his first shift as a Corpral at the Temecula Station!!! Ashlyn and I were so excited for him that we wanted to take some pictures. On his left sleeve are his corpral stripes and Ashlyn is covering up his new badge but thats okay, you can still tell that he is very important not only to us his family but to his job.!!

Well here he is right before he left to go to work! He is so handsome!! I just wanted to let you all know how proud Ashlyn and I are of our main man...... well enough of that today was valentines day as well and although chris was having a big day he still managed to make me and his daughter feel special. I woke up to a dozen sterling silver roses and choclates and ashlyn got a teddy bear and some candy and balloons. Even though my husband is rough around the edges and sometimes not the most sensitive man in the world, when I need it the most he always manages to make me realize just how much he loves me and our life together. I am so lucky to have married such a great man who is such a great father. I know this is sappy and sappy usually isn't my style but I just wanted to take the time to publicly acknowledge my husband and let everyone including him know just how much I love him. I know that latley my I have been a little crazy, my hormones are out of control to say the least and the sooner this baby comes the sooner my hormones will start to regulate, and his sweet wife will return!!!


On another note I got Collins' room all done and set up, everything is ready for him to come home..... he just needs to come out now!!! I am happy to say though that if he doesn't make it out on his own this weekend that Monday Feburary 18th at 6a.m. I will check into the Fallbrook Hospital and my Dr. will induce me!!!!! yeah at least I have an end in sight! Well hopefully the next time I post it will be pictures of our new little baby Collin.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Lookin good there Corp. Durham!
You know in a couple months you are going to have to redo this and say nice things about him becomming a SGT! =D
He and Ashlyn look so cute in the pics. Love you guys!

amber said...

I love the pics doesn't Chris just look so HOT!!! (he he) We love you guys and are so proud of Chris too. He is such a good husband to you and great daddy! Tell Chris Congrats. And I wish you all the best on Monday and definitely get some good drugs to make up for me not getting any! You better call me with lots and lots of details when Collin comes out.....I can't wait to see you guys in just a couple of weeks. Crazy to think that in a couple of weeks your whole life right now as you know it is going to be changed....not to stress you out or anything. I just know you'll go right back into being a pro with babies. Love you all.

Unknown said...

HOOORAY FOR CHRIS! Lookin sharp! I hope you have a sweet little baby in your arms and I can't wait to see pictures. Hope all went well!

Jennifer said...

Lots of exciting things going on this month!! Congrats to Chris. Ashlyn looks so proud also! What a fun month for the Durhams. We are so glad the baby is finally here!! Good job mom... and dad.

Laurie said...

Came across your blog page from a family member of Ken's. Congrat's on hubby's promotion! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little one.

amber said...

OKAY UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!! I WILL KEEP HOUNDING YOU UNTIL YOU DO IT!!!!! WE NEED PICS ASAP! LOVE YOU AND SEE YOU IN A FEW DAYS!

amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.