Sunday, April 6, 2008

A couple of crazy weeks

Okay so its been a very long time since I posted last, but in my defense it has been very busy around here with Collins blessing and all the family that came in. It was so great to have my mom and dad here, we went to Disneyland and I didn't realize that my dad had never been before but for his first time it was unbelievably crowded, of course it was it was Saturday and it was spring break! Well despite the crowds we had a good time. We also had a great day swimming in the pool. Dad went down the slide and despite his valiant efforts Ashlyn would not go with him but my friends little boy ethan did.! I got the cutest little swim trunks for Collin they are red and have blue swordfish on them.... needless to say we got Collin into the spa for the first time and he loved it.



okay so there are some pictures of a family fun in the sun and the water...! Ashlyn looked so cute in her Easter dress I got some really cute pictures of her and her dad but as for Collin and I.. I totally spaced it I am still getting use to doing everything for two children instead of just one my whole way of doing things has changed and I am trying to get better at it hopefully my children will be patient with me!!! I love them both so much I hope I can be a good mother to both. So here are some Easter pictures of Ashlyn I did buy Collin a cute Easter outfit I will have to take some pictures of him in it even if it wasn't on Easter.


Well Chris's parents weren't able to be here for Collins blessing but they were there in our hearts.... but they were able to get her a couple of days afterward so we were able to spend time with them and they got to spend time with Collin and Ashlyn and how happy we were, they don't get to come down here very often the last time that Terri was here was when Chris and I were married so we were so excited to show them are little life that we have made for ourselves here in Southern California. I have more photos but I cant seem to find what file I put them in on my computer. We had lots of fun thanks for coming!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the pics! I am so glad that Mom and Dad were able to come and see you all. I wish I could have come down too. But, with work and school, it is really hard for me to get away right now!

Talk to ya soon!

Michelle

Megan said...

The picture of your dad and Ethan going down the slide is too cute! Eth had so much fun. Thank your dad for me for helping Eth down the slide! The other pics of Chris and the kids in the spa and you and the kids in the spa are sooo cute! I love you guys. :)

Laurie said...

Looks like too much fun. Ken loved the pictures of your dad on the slide. And the Easter pictures are very cute. I'm glad that you are still doing good. It's huge to adjust to another child. You're a great mom! And don't let anyone convince you differently.

amber said...

Great pics! I love how collin and Ashlyn are so tan naturally! I can't believe dad going down the slide! Looks like everyone had tons of fun! We miss you guys so much and hope to see you guys soon. Give your kiddies a hug and smooch from us! Love you guys!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a blast!! My hubby and kids are all trying to talk me into putting a pool in our backyard. I'm just not sold on it right now. I guess that is quite selfish of me because everyone else would love it!
Well... you all look lovely!! Glad you are all well.

Laurie said...

April, Thanks for your kind comments. I am so glad that I found you and your sisters blogs. Actually Ken found them. He was on his cousin Heather's blog and he clicked on someone else's blog. He saw the name Amber and for some reason he clicked on her name and then he swore. He was so surprised to see a picture of your parents on the screen. It was funny. I was actually scared to comment on your blogs because I didn't know how you all felt about me. I just love your family though so I'm glad that it worked out. I love blogging with family and friends because it seems to erase the time and distance between us. And I feel like we really are friends. It's great to work through our lives together and support and love one another through the good and the bad. And we're family, which makes me like you even more. Do you have your emailn your blog somewhere?

Michelle said...

Hey April,

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it. When Collin gets a little older or maybe when you feel more ready, you will be able to go back to school and become the nurse you are destined to be!!!

My problem is that although I want to be graduated with my PhD before I get married and have kids, it is still lonely sometimes and makes me wish I was more successful in my personal life as I am in my work and school life!

I hope you realize what a great person and Mother you are. We all love you and are glad you are a Member of our family!!

I can't believe it has been almost eight years! Can you?